April 2019 notification-with 2nd mercy chance and special mercy chance-final_668.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
As per SBTET Norms the following scheme of examinations:
- a) First Year
THEORY EXAMINATION: Each Subject carries 80% marks with examination of 3 hours duration, along with 20% marks for internal evaluation. (Sessional marks).
However, there are no minimum marks prescribed for sessionals.
PRACTICAL EXAMINATION: There shall be 40% Marks for regular practical work done, i.e. sessional marks for each practical subject with an end examination of 3 hours duration carrying 60% marks. However, there are no minimum marks prescribed for sessionals.
- b) III, IV, V, VI and VII Semesters:
THEORY EXAMINATION: Each subject carries usually 80 marks and 30 marks in respect of specified subjects of 3hours duration, along with 20 marks for internal evaluation (sessional marks) respectively.
PRACTICAL EXAMINATION: Each subject carry 60/30 marks of 3hours duration 40/20 sessional marks.
INTERNAL ASSESSMENT SCHEME
- a) Theory Subjects: Theory Subjects carry 20% sessional marks, Internal examinations will be conducted for awarding sessional marks on the dates
Three unit tests will be conducted for I year students and two Unit Tests for semesters. Average of marks obtained in all the prescribed tests will be considered for awarding the sessional marks.
- b) Practical Subjects: Student‘s performance in Laboratories / Workshop shall be assessed during the year/ semester of study for 40% marks in each practical subject. Allotment of marks should be discrete taking into consideration of the students‘ skills, accuracy, recording and performance of the task assigned to him /her. Each student has to write a record / log book for assessment purpose. In the subject of Drawing, which is also considered as a practical paper, the same rules hold good. Drawing exercises are to be filed in seriatum.
- c) Internal assessment in Labs / workshops / Survey field work etc., during the course of study shall be done and sessional marks shall be awarded by the concerned Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Workshop superintendent as the case may be.
- d) For practical examinations, except in drawing, there shall be two examiners. External examiner shall be appointed by the Principal in consultation with respective Head of Section preferably choosing a qualified person from any local Industry/ nearby Government Polytechnic/ Local Government Organization.
Internal examiner shall be the person concerned with internal assessment as in (c)
above. The end examination shall be held along with all theory papers in respect
- e) Question Paper for Practical’s: Question paper should cover all the experiments /
- f) Records pertaining to internal assessment marks of both theory and practical subjects are to be maintained for official inspection.
- g) In case of Diploma courses having Industrial Training, the training assessment
shall be done and the marks are to be awarded in the following manner.
Industrial assessment : 200 marks (in two spells of 100 marks each)
Maintenance of log book : 30 marks
Record Work : 30 marks
Seminar / viva-voce : 40 marks
TOTAL : 300 marks
The assessment at the institution level (Seminar/Viva-voce)shall be done by three
members, viz., Internal Faculty member, External Examiner and Head of Section and
For passing a theory subject, a candidate has to secure a minimum of 35% in end
examination and a combined minimum of 35% of both Sessional and end examination
marks put together.
For passing a practical subject, a candidate has to secure a minimum of 50% in end
examination and a combined minimum of 50% of both sessional and practical end
examination marks put together.
EXAMINATION FEE SCHEDULE:
The examination fee should be as per the notification issued by State Board of Technical Education and Training from time to time.